Opening hours and prices
|Leipzig Veterinary Congress
|15 January 2026
16 to 17 January 2026
|08:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
08:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|15 to 17 January 2026
|15 January 09:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
16 January 08:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
17 January 08:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Leipzig Exhibition Centre Hall 2
Important Information on Public Transport
Travel sustainably with your trade fair ticket! Our admission tickets, including online tickets, entitle the holder to free travel to and from the exhibition grounds on the day of your visit using local public transport operated by the MDV (Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund), where this is expressly stated on the ticket.
Before starting your journey, tick the day on the weekday strip on your ticket. For online tickets, enter the ticket date and sign your ticket. Please enter the name in the online ticket shop of the visitor who will be using the online ticket. Failure to do so may result in the ticket not being valid for free travel on local public transport.
Please note: Our local transport ticket service is only valid for Leipziger Messe's own events.
Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund (MDV) tariff zones
Free travel to and from the exhibition grounds on the day of the event by public transport operated by MDV (Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund) is valid for the following regions and tariff zones: 110, 151, 156, 162, 163, 168, 210 and 225.
Information for Visitors With Reduced Mobility
We strive to ensure that you can reach your destination quickly and unhindered. For this reason, the Leipzig exhibition grounds are designed to be barrier-free and offers short and easy routes. All halls are at ground level and there are no thresholds to restrict your access. You can find out more about accessibility at the grounds of the Leipzig Messe here.
We recommend the following entrances for your visit to the fair:
- If you arrive by car, please use the East entrance
- If arriving by tram, you can get to the fair via the West entrance (Glass Hall).
If you are travelling by train, please be sure to alight at the Hauptbahnhof stop instead of the Leipzig Messe stop. Accessible, low-floor trams run from the main railway station on tram line 16. Continue to the Messegelände tram stop and then follow the signs.
The DB hotline for passengers with reduced mobility can be reached by telephone via the Mobility Service Centre 01805 / 512 512 (Euro 0.14 / min.) or at www.bahn.de/handicap .
Tips for participants
- You can print your ticket including a name tag from the comfort of your own home.
- All tickets are also valid for free travel on local public transport.*
- You will receive your congress documents (bag, lanyard) on arrival.
- The congress transcripts will be published exclusively in electronic format. You will receive an access code via email to download the online conference documents.
- ATF (Veterinary Academy) certificates will be sent via email after the Congress.
*The ticket entitles the holder to free transport to and from Leipziger Messe via local public transport operated by Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund (MDV). Regions and fare zones: 110, 151, 156, 162, 163, 168, 210, 225
Tips for course participants
- Courses will only take place if registration numbers for the respective course meet or exceed the listed minimum. You will receive detailed information in late June.
- Your course registration does not entitle you to participate in lectures.
- Please note that several courses will take place at additional locations outside Leipziger Messe. A separate ticket must be purchased for travel via local public transport to these courses.
Visitor target groups
The Leipzig Veterinary Congress and vetexpo trade fair is a specialist event that admits only veterinarians and veterinary staff.
- Practicing veterinarians
- Veterinarians employed at clinics and other institutions
- Veterinarians in public service
- Veterinary assistants
- Students of veterinary medicine
From the following types of institutions:
- Pet practices and clinics
- Mixed practices
- Livestock practices
- Horse practices and clinics
- Public veterinary offices
- Testing facilities, federal offices/institutes
- Industrial companies
- Colleges and universities
- Zoos, animal parks and enclosures
- Research facilities
Tips for canine guests (and their human companions)
- Four-legged friends are welcome at the Leipzig Veterinary Congress. However, for the safety of all participants, please respect the following rules:
- Dog owners must adequately supervise their dogs to ensure that the order and safety of the event are not compromised and other visitors are not harmed or inconvenienced.
- Dogs will only be permitted in the event halls under suitable supervision. They must be kept on a leash at all times unless they are transported in an appropriate carrier.
- Event staff will decide on a case-by-case basis whether a particular dog is permitted to enter the event halls.
- Proof must be provided of valid vaccination against rabies and other canine diseases.
- Dogs are not permitted in the seating galleries. Guide dogs for the blind are exempt from this rule.
- Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up any mess caused by their dog such as urine or excrement.
- Dog owners are directly liable to any damaged party for damages or injuries caused by their dog. The event organisers are exempt from all liability for damages or injuries caused by dogs.